We would like to introduce you to the SIMS Learning Gateway. This new online service allows you to see up to date information on your child and current information on Dawlish Community College.
You can access you child’s attendance, conduct and progress records, can ensure that key information retained by the school (eg contact details) is correct and see what lessons your child has every day in their online timetable. As well as this you can see school policy documents, contribute your views in parental online forums and access information about the curriculum… amongst many other things.
To access the SIMS Learning Gateway you will need to be issued with a secure password for your child’s information only.
To enable us to issue you with your secure password please read, accept (by signing) and return the Acceptable User Policy to Student Office. We aim to issue passwords within 10 days of receipt of your signed document – please call 01626 862318 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive a further letter with your password in that time.
The following is important information about your Online Account and the data that you will be able to access:
- Only Parents or Carers with ‘parental control’ for a particular child are entitled to a SIMS Learning Gateway account for that child’s data. Parents without parental control are not allowed accounts.
- Only you (as the Parent of a Child), your child and authorised school staff can access this data about your child. A Parent or Carer should not see any contact information (eg home address, phone number, email address etc) about another Parent or Carer or any child.
- Your data and that of all children is managed by the school and is held securely on servers at school. We take the security of this data very seriously and all sensible measures have been taken to safeguard this information.
- When you connect to SIMS Learning Gateway, data is transmitted across the Internet securely using security encryption.
- You will be able to change your password at will to maintain the security of your account.